Thursday, February 19, 2009

The one with the valentine's day dinner

So Nina set off for Fort Luaderdale last Tuesday, and Caroline was in the Alps for a ski trip until Sunday, so I had from Tuesday to Sunday the house to myself. Here´s what happened:

A lot of school

Grocery Shopping, only more successful than the yogurt predicament...

I made TACOS!

Jillian and I booked our tickets to Greece!

I went out many many nights.

I went SHOPPING on the strøget (which is a huge shopping street surrounded by many others, I'm talking miles of shopping people, Carrie's Paradise.

Friday we went to a jazz club and met some danes, that was really cool!

Saturday Jillian and I prepped the house for dinner that night. We cooked alfredo pasta with chicken and a gormet italian salad. SOOO so good. Wine & cheese were also served, and then Sebastian called me (Nina's son) who said he was going to stop by to check on me and stuff, so I invited him to come eat dinner and he ended up coming out with us!!! We got to see a Kollegium party and went to a really cool reggae lounge bar thing. Sick tight. Jillian and Sebastian stayed over & made breakfast when Caroline got home.

Caroline and I caught up on her trip and boy situation, and I introduced her to Britney Spears' newest CD, 27 Dresses, and Kraft Mac & Cheese.'

I've been working on my infill project, and it really is coming along

Mookie's family came to visit and his sister came out with us Tuesday night for a birthday party!

We found a delicious margarita spot. Stiff as hell and served with salt.

I received a package from my family =) and had my first homesick cry. First ever homesick cry.

Monday I had an 8:30 watercolor class but it was in the Copenhagen Business School building and it is definately one of the coolest buildings I have seen so far on this trip!! Even better is that I got to 20th century Danish architecture and there was this aweful drilling sound next door, so 10 minutes into the would-be 3 hour lecture our teacher decided we should take a field trip to go look at some cool buildings. It was so cool. No, I mean literally. It was snowing. Oh yeah we have had a week long blizzard recently...

I learned today that 10 degrees Celcius is actually quite warm, even though it sounds depressing.

I presented to my environment class the advantages of Wind Energy, and specifically a company that manufactures the turbines. Very interesting.

That's about it, Nina gets back today and right now I should be working on my studio stuff in the computer lab. I have a peer review tomorrow. That's the physical part of my presentation tomorrow, it's preliminary, mostly a concept model, but that's more or less what it will look like from the front.

1 comment:

  1. OOOOOO Brookie!!! what was in the package?? I love you and miss YOU !!! x0x00x0x0

    ReplyDelete