Hej,
Nina and I watched the Obama inaguration and swapped pictures and stories for a long time. Then, I took the train to go out to celebrate afterwards at a bar called Nyhavn with a group of friends in Copenhagen. It was an Irish Pub by the harbor, and I ended up getting a song dedicated to me by the guitarist after I requested Fisherman's Blues by the Waterboys. He was so good, but the beer was even better!
Last night, I went to an open house for Caroline at her music high school. I went on rejseplanen.dk to find out how to get there. It took me one long, cold hour, six struggled conversations, two sets of directions, a bus, a train, a fifteen minute walk (and a 4 minute walk back in the other direction) and finally by some miracle, I found it. I didn't know how to get it, so again I had to ask someone in English. I couldn't then find the auditorium, so I asked and a boy brought me all the way there, thank him! The entire show, music, and program was in Danish, but I still found myself laughing and moved. Anyway, Caroline and I had a walk home together and she told me all about this guy she likes. It was very funny- she's great!! I'm glad I'm used to having a sister. :)
Today I had a day off, went to a Netto for groceries and realized after I bought everything that I didn't bring a bag with me... I had to buy one apparently and it was super awkward that I didn't know because I was looking for them for a while before I thought to ask somebody what to do with my paid for groceries. Haha it's one of those "it's so normal" things that everyone immediately knew I was fresh to the area, especially because of my English.
English is common in the city, but in the Suburbs, everything is in Danish and the accents are thick. It's still cool, and i'm very immersed. It really is incredible.
Vi ses,
Brooke
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wow, It appears that while you are venturing around you need a long sleeve t-shirt, a wool sweater and a jacket. If you dress in layers you will stay warm. What was the beer?
ReplyDeleteVi ses,
Dad