Sunday, May 17, 2009

The last one. For now.
















































































I have eight days until I'm home. This will be my last blog entry... for now.

It's been very strange; how much time has passed, where I've been, what I've done, whom I've met.

I don't know how to explain how things have been for me, the only chance I have is to document what has happened. In any attempt, I've tried to keep up on mere events that have occured. I will never be able to record what I've felt, or describe how I have changed in heart or mind, so I will never try.

What I've attempted to do with this blog is merely to inspire people. Anyone. You. There is so much world out there and whether you want it or not, care or not, it's there waiting for you to experience what it has to offer.

I have lots of goals now. I have wishes for my thirty year old self, at fifty years, and fifty years from now. I would wish them for anyone.

So, to my future self,

I hope for you to travel.
I hope for you to try things.
I hope for you to listen.
I hope for you to create.
I hope for you to get lost on a regular basis.
I hope that you ask questions.
I hope that you can both be skeptical, and open-minded of what people tell you.
I hope that you expect nothing, and welcome surprises.
I hope for you to take time to cook, sit down, and eat with friends and family.
I hope for you to appreciate each of your five senses every day.
I hope that you never keep your heart in your chest. Let it go. Let it drive you.
I hope for you to pay attention to the details, because the big picture covers up the all the fun.
I hope for you to realize how small you are in this world, but how important you can be to other people.
I hope that you mean and choose what you say. Even if it's asking, "How are you." I hope when you say it, you are waiting for the answer.
I hope you don't get frustrated over time. It never slows down or stops, but it will never speed up, either. For better or for worse, it's the one sure thing you can count on.
I hope you meet people. Often.
I hope you realize how young you actually are. 100 years is nothing.
I hope you realize you can learn something new until your last day.
Well now I feel all emo. But I have to say it's what I've learned- from Denmark, from my travels, and from different people, that I hope I remember forever.
Friends from home, I cannot wait to see you soon!
Friends from abroad, it's been an adventure, and I'm sure it's not the last.
Safe travels!
Yours,
Brooke

No comments:

Post a Comment